Maestra Miller conducts the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra
TACO Classical concert on Saturday, Jan. 26
and Open Rehearsal on Friday, Jan. 25
About Tania Miller, guest conductor
- Distinguished as a dynamic interpreter, musician and innovator on the podium and off.
- Appeared as a guest conductor in Canada, United States and Europe with the Bern Symphony and National Arts Centre (Ottawa) orchestras, Hartford, Oregon, Seattle and Vancouver symphonies, and the NFM Wrocław, Louisiana and Naples philharmonics.
- During the past 14 years as Music Director of the Victoria Symphony in Canada, Ms. Miller gained national acclaim for her passion and commitment to the orchestra and community.
- Driving force behind new growth and innovation for the Victoria Symphony, and gained a national reputation as a highly effective advocate and communicator for the arts. As curator, she distinguished herself as a visionary leader and innovator.
- Acknowledged for the impact and success of her tenure, she was recently bestowed the title music director emerita for the Victoria Symphony.
- Recipient of the 2017 Friends of Canadian Music award from the Canadian League of Composers and Canadian Music Centre for her acclaimed commitment to contemporary music in Canada.
- Known for commitment and dedication to an orchestra and to the future of orchestral music through creative innovation and vision.
- Received an honorary doctor of law degree from Royal Roads University in recognition of her exemplary work as a leader and for her extraordinary artistic achievements in the community.
- Received the 2016 Paul Harris Award from the Rotary Foundation for distinguished musical excellence and leadership.
- Canada’s Royal Conservatory of Music bestowed her with an honorary diploma in 2015 for her impact on music in Canada.
***At A Glance ***
TACO Classical Series concert
Viennese Favorites & Beethoven 4
Saturday, Jan. 26, 8 p.m.
The VETS, One Avenue of the Arts, Providence
Tania Miller, conductor
Sara Davis Buechner, piano
MENDELSSOHN: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: Overture
R. STRAUSS: Burleske
MOZART: Rondo for Piano and Orchestra
BEETHOVEN: Fourth Symphony
J. STRAUSS: On the Beautiful Blue Danube
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees) and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). On day of concerts only, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30 p.m.–showtime; Saturday, 4 p.m.-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Jan. 25, 5:30 p.m., at The VETS
General Admission is $15. Tickets are available at tickets.riphil.org or 401.248.7000.