Christine Noel is delighted to return to The VETS for Handel’s Messiah
featuring Hallelujah chorus, For Unto Us a Child Is Born, I Know That My Redeemer Liveth and other favorites
At a Glance
Saturday, Dec. 15, 7 p.m.
The VETS, One Avenue of the Arts, Providence
Christine Noel, conductor
Sonja DuToit Tengblad, soprano
Margaret Lias, mezzo-soprano
Marc Molomot, tenor
Nicholas Laroche, bass
Providence Singers, Christine Noel, Artistic Director
About Christine Noel, Conductor and Artistic Director, Providence Singers
- Conducted the Singers with the Orchestra in J.S. Bach’s Cantata 140, Mozart’s Coronation Mass, Vivaldi’s Gloria, Mozart’s Vesperae solennes de confessore and Haydn’s Nelson Mass.
- Led the Providence Singers through world premieres, commissions and, most recently, the Singers’ fourth commercial recording—Dan Forrest’s Requiem for the Living.
- Served on the music faculty and as director of choral activities at Clark University, Worcester, and as musical director at Trinity Repertory Company.
- Prepared choruses for Larry Rachleff, Robert Page and Bramwell Tovey.
- Founded the award-winning Rhode Island Children’s Chorus, which has performed at conventions of the American Choral Directors Association and the Music Educators’ National Conference, and will make its debut at Carnegie Hall this season.
- Holds a Master of Music and a Doctorate in Musical Arts in conducting from Boston University, where she studied with Ann Howard Jones.
- Undergraduate degree is in music education from Rhode Island College, where she was awarded a grant from the Ridgway F. Shinn, Jr. Study Abroad Fund, enabling her to spend a year of study at the Kodály Institute of Music in Kecskemét, Hungary.
- Completed the superior level of Italian studies at the Università degli Studi di Firenze and served as assistant conductor and vocal coach for two Italian choirs, Animae Voces and Coro Polifonico di Caricentro di Firenze.
Tickets are $15-$100, and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org or from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence–in person or by phone 401.248.7000 (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m. -4:30 p.m., closed Thanksgiving Day and the day following). On concert day, tickets are available at The VETS Box Office 3 p.m.-showtime. Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.