Christopher Warren-Green conducts the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra
TACO Classical concert is on Saturday, Nov. 17
Open Rehearsal is on Friday, Nov. 16
About Christopher Warren-Green, guest conductor
- Return engagement to the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Personally invited to conduct for the British Royal Family on many occasions.
- In April 2005, he conducted the Service of Dedication and Prayer following the marriage of the Duke and the Duchess of Cornwall.
- In 2011, he led the London Chamber Orchestra during the marriage ceremony of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- Other notable occasions:
- The Queen’s 90th birthday concert.
- Prince of Wales’ 60th birthday concert in Buckingham Palace.
- Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
- Music director of the Charlotte Symphony, and the music director and principal conductor of the London Chamber Orchestra.
- Has worked extensively in the United States with key North American engagements including Philadelphia and Minnesota orchestras, and Detroit, St. Louis, Toronto, Milwaukee, National (Washington, D.C.), Seattle and Vancouver symphony orchestras.
- Accompanied the London Chamber Orchestra to the George Enescu Festival in Bucharest and made his debut with Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Helmed the Philharmonia, London and Royal Liverpool philharmonics, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Orchestre National de Belgique, Beethoven Orchester Bonn, and Nashville Symphony and Rochester Philharmonic orchestras.
- A fellow of the Royal Academy of Music and has recorded extensively for Sony, Philips, Virgin EMI, Chandos, Decca and Deutsche Grammophon. He also records with the London Chamber Orchestra for Signum Classics.
***At a Glance***
TACO Classical Series concert
Saturday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m.
The VETS, One Avenue of the Arts, Providence
Christopher Warren-Green, conductor
Colin Carr, cello
Mary Wilson, soprano
Andrew Garland, baritone
BEETHOVEN: Leonore Overture No.3
ELGAR: Cello Concerto
VAUGHAN WILLIAMS: Dona nobis pacem
Friday, Nov. 16, 5:30 p.m.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed Veterans Day, Monday, Nov. 12). On day of concerts only, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30 p.m.–showtime; Saturday, 4 p.m.-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.