Anu Tali conducts the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra
for the TACO Classical concert, Saturday, Sept. 22
Open Rehearsal is on Friday, Sept. 21
About Anu Tali, guest conductor
“Charismatic, brilliant, energetic”—Herald Tribune
- One of the most intriguing conductors on the international scene.
- Belongs to a new generation of artists who are constantly searching for fresh musical ideas.
- Became music director for the Sarasota Orchestra in 2013.
- Continued in her role as chief conductor of the Nordic Symphony Orchestra, which she founded in 1997 together with her twin sister Kadri Tali to develop cultural contacts between Estonia and Finland and unite musicians from around the world.
- Born in Estonia, began her musical career as a pianist, graduating from the Tallinn Conservatory in 1991.
- Trained as a conductor at the Estonian Academy of Music.
- From 1998 to 2000, she studied at the St. Petersburg State Conservatory.
***At a Glance***
Pictures at an Exhibition
TACO Classical Concert
Saturday, Sept. 22, 8 p.m.
The VETS, One Avenue of the Arts, Providence
Anu Tali, guest conductor
Jennifer Koh, violin
BACH/STOKOWSKI: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
TORKE: Bright Blue Music
MUSSORGSKY/RAVEL: Pictures at an Exhibition
GLASS: Violin Concerto No.1
Friday, Sept. 21, at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). On day of concerts only, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30 p.m.–showtime; Saturday, 4 p.m.-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.