Soloist Alexi Kenney joins Guest Conductor Jacomo Bairos and the RI Philharmonic Orchestra for the TACO Classical concert, Saturday, April 7
Open Rehearsal is on Friday, April 6
“A talent to watch. …Architect’s eye for structure and space and a tone that ranges from the achingly fragile to full-bodied robustness.”—New York Times
- Debuts included the Detroit, Columbus, California and Amarillo symphonies.
- Had return engagements with the Santa Fe Symphony and the Las Vegas Philharmonic.
- Appeared in a recital at Caramoor, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and Jordan Hall in Boston, and at Lincoln Center’s Mostly Mozart Festival.Alexi Kenney, is the recipient of a 2016 Avery Fisher Career Grant.
- Won at the 2013 Concert Artists Guild Competition at the age of 19, and it led to a critically acclaimed Carnegie Hall debut recital at Weill Hall.
- Holds a Bachelor of Music from the New England Conservatory in Boston, where he is currently completing his Artist Diploma as a student of Donald Weilerstein and Miriam Fried.
- Previous teachers include Wei He, Jenny Rudin and Natasha Fong.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (M-F 9am-4:30pm). On day of concerts, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30pm–showtime; Saturday, 4:00pm-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.