The Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra welcomes Guest Conductor Victor Yampolsky for a program featuring pianist Spencer Myer performing Bernstein‘s Symphony No.2 (Age of Anxiety).
About Pianist Spencer Myer
“Superb playing and poised, alert musicianship”
“Definitely a man to watch”—The Independent
- Myer’s current season debuts include the Rhode Island Philharmonic, Arizona’s Flagstaff Symphony and Colorado’s Grand Junction and Longmont Symphony orchestras.
- Had return engagements with the Duluth Superior and Southeast Iowa symphony orchestras.
- Half of the Daurov/Myer Duo, having teamed up with the award-winning cellist Adrian Daurov in 2012.
- Myer’s orchestral, recital and chamber music performances have been heard throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia.
- 2005 recital/orchestral tour of South Africa included a performance of the five piano concerti of Beethoven with the Chamber Orchestra of South Africa, followed by return orchestra and recital tours in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (M-F 9:00am-4:30pm). On day of concerts, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30pm–showtime; Saturday, 4:00pm-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.