“Music making at its most convincing”–Madison Magazine
- Son of legendary pianist Vladimir Yampolsky.
- University Professor in Music Performance at the Northwestern University’s Bienen School of Music.
- Studied violin at Moscow Conservatory and conducting at Leningrad Conservatory.
- Was a member of the Moscow Philharmonic as both violinist and assistant conductor.
- Served as Principal Second Violinist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra
Yampolsky appeared with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra in 1996, leading a program including music from Wagner’s Tannhäuser, Grieg’s Piano Concerto and Schumann’s Symphony No.3.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (M-F 9:00am-4:30pm). On day of concerts, tickets are available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30pm–showtime; Saturday, 4:00pm-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.