Michael Christie conducts RI Philharmonic Orchestra for
the TACO Classical concert, Saturday, Feb. 17, 8:00pm, at The VETS
Amica Rush Hour Concert features Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky
on Friday, Feb. 16, 6:30pm, at The VETS
“A director open to adventure and challenge” –New York Times
About Michael Christie
- Committed to bringing new works to life.
- Has championed commissions by leading and emerging composers.
- Served as Music Director of the Phoenix Symphony and Brooklyn Philharmonic.
- Came to international attention with special prize for “Outstanding Potential” at the First International Sibelius Conductors’ Competition in Helsinki.
- Bachelor’s degree in trumpet performance from Oberlin College Conservatory of Music.
Christie appeared with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra to critical acclaim in October 2013 on a program that included Schumann’s Cello Concerto and Gustav Holst’s The Planets.
Tickets start at $15 (including all fees), and can be purchased online at tickets.riphil.org, in person from the RI Philharmonic Orchestra Box Office in East Providence, or by phone 401.248.7000 (M-F 9:00am-4:30pm, closed President’s Day). On day of concerts, tickets are also available at The VETS Box Office (Friday, 3:30pm–showtime; Saturday, 4:00pm-showtime). Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.